|Field Museum||Museum of Science and Industry||Shedd Aquarium||Navy|
|CTA||Van Kampen Investments||City of Chicago|
Projects: Prev Next
Oceanarium Infrastructure & Maintenance Upgrades
|Chicago, IL||The John G. Shedd Aquarium||… sq/ft.||Project Manager||2010|
One of the main goals of the project was to revitalize the existing infrastructure, perform upgrades to various systems and perform maintenance on equipment. Tasks included:
- Recoating 3 million gallon main exhibit and back of house pool membrane.
- Installation of new equipment to improve monitoring of animal health.
- Installation of new trainer platforms.
- Underwater polishing of acrylic viewing windows.
- Replacement of 7 underwater pool separation gates.
- Upgrades to Animal Life Support equipment
- Replacement of existing AHUs and mechanical systems upgrades, scheduled around staff and animal requirements.
- Transition from pneumatic building controls to electronic building automation; mechanical and lighting.
- Replacement of hollow metal frame doors with corrosion resistant FRP doors.