Polar Play Zone Children’s Exhibit
||The John G. Shedd Aquarium
The ‘Under Water Viewing’ exhibit space was transformed into a new kid friendly/interactive Polar Play Zone exhibit. The new space was broken up into four main exhibit zones: Icy North, Icy South, Shallow Ocean & Deep Ocean. New exhibit features of highlight are:
- An interactive yellow submarine with an operator controlled robotic arm, controls, and gauges.
- Blue Ice Formations were installed on the Icy North end’s walls and ceiling.
- Installation of 6 new tanks and back of house support room.
- Tide Pool Touch Exhibit, where guest are allowed to touch live animals under the supervision of staff.
- Soft ‘Playscape with 2 ‘ice’ slides and tunnel, where children are encouraged to act like a penguin and put on a penguin costume.
- Graphics & Sings updated through out.
- South Pole/North Pole. Cold/Hot. Kids Experiencing the opposites MK:–not sure if those are the correct opposites featured in the exhibit. Check with Delfini.
- Chill Pod